If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of furniture that you only use indoors. But what if you want to use that furniture outdoors? With a little bit of care, you can treat your indoor furniture so that it can be used outdoors. Here are a few tips:
First, if your furniture is made of wood, you’ll want to make sure that it’s properly sealed. This will protect it from the elements and help it to last longer. You can buy sealant at most hardware stores.
Next, if your furniture is upholstered, you’ll want to protect it from the sun and rain. You can do this by buying a cover for it, or by simply placing it in a protected area.
Finally, if you’re going to be using your furniture outdoors on a regular basis, you’ll want to make sure that it’s comfortable. This means adding cushions or pillows to chairs and sofas. You can find outdoor-friendly cushions and pillows at most home stores.
Outdoor-Proof Your Indoor Furniture: Tips for Treating Furniture for Patio & Deck Use
When the weather starts to warm up, many of us want to spend more time outdoors. But if you don’t have any outdoor furniture, or if your outdoor furniture is looking a little worse for wear, you may be wondering how to treat indoor furniture for outdoor use.
Here are a few tips:
1. Choose the right furniture. Some furniture is simply not meant for outdoor use. For example, if you have an heirloom dining room table that you want to use on your patio, it’s probably not a good idea. The sun and the elements will damage the wood over time.
2. Give your furniture a good cleaning. Before you use any furniture outdoors, it’s important to give it a good cleaning. This will remove any dirt, dust, or pollen that could potentially damage the furniture.
3. Apply a sealant. If you’re going to be using your furniture outdoors, it’s a good idea to apply a sealant. This will help protect the furniture from the sun, the rain, and other elements.
4. Cover it up. When you’re not using your furniture, it’s a good idea to cover it up. This will help protect it from the elements and keep it looking its best.
5. Bring it indoors when the weather gets bad. When the weather starts to turn, it’s important to bring your furniture indoors. This will help keep it in good condition and prevent any damage from the elements.
By following these tips, you can enjoy your furniture for many years to come.
When it comes to treating indoor furniture for outdoor use, there are a few things you can do to prolong its life and keep it looking great. First, if the furniture is made of wood, you’ll want to regularly seal and/or stain it to protect it from the elements. Second, if the furniture is upholstered, you’ll want to protect it from moisture and sun damage by using outdoor-rated fabric protector. Finally, you’ll want to make sure you clean the furniture regularly to prevent dirt and grime from building up and causing premature wear and tear. By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your indoor furniture for many years to come, even if it spends most of its time outdoors.