Mildew Begone: How to Remove Mold and Mildew from Wicker Furniture

Mildew can be a difficult problem to solve when it comes to wicker furniture. The porous nature of wicker furniture makes it susceptible to mold and mildew growth. There are a few ways to remove mildew from wicker furniture, and a little bit of elbow grease can go a long way in preventing its return.

To remove mildew from wicker furniture, start by vacuuming the surface of the furniture with a soft brush attachment. This will help to remove any loose spores. Next, mix equal parts water and white vinegar in a bowl and apply it to the affected areas with a sponge. Be sure to scrub gently to avoid damaging the wicker.

Once the area is clean, rinse it with clean water and dry it thoroughly. You may need to repeat this process a few times to completely remove the mildew. To help prevent mildew from returning, apply a thin layer of beeswax to the surface of the furniture. This will create a barrier that will make it more difficult for spores to take hold.

Mildew Begone: How to Remove Mold and Mildew from Wicker Furniture

First, remove as much of the mildew as possible by gently scrubbing the affected areas with a soft brush. You can also try using a mild soap or detergent and water solution, but be sure to test it on a small area first to make sure it won’t damage the wicker.

Next, make a mixture of one part bleach to four parts water and apply it to the mildewed areas with a sponge or cloth. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off with clean water.

If the mildew is still present, you can try repeating the process with a stronger bleach solution (one part bleach to two parts water). Be sure to use gloves and take care not to get the bleach solution on any other surfaces as it can cause damage.

Once the mildew is gone, dry the wicker furniture completely to prevent it from coming back. You can use a hairdryer on the low setting or let it air dry in a sunny spot.

Conclusion

To remove mildew from wicker furniture, mix one part bleach with three parts water and apply the mixture to the affected area with a clean cloth. Let the solution sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with clean water. Repeat this process as needed until the mildew is gone.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top