Larkin furniture is some of the most sought-after furniture on the market. But, with so many different types of Larkin furniture out there, how can you be sure you’re getting the real thing? Here are a few tips to help you identify Larkin furniture:
1. Look for the Larkin label. All Larkin furniture should have a label somewhere on the piece. This label will usually include the company’s name, address, and sometimes a phone number.
2. Check the construction. Larkin furniture is known for its high quality construction. So, if you’re looking at a piece of Larkin furniture and the construction seems shoddy, it’s probably a fake.
3. Examine the wood. Larkin furniture is almost always made of high quality hardwoods, so if the wood on the piece you’re looking at seems flimsy or soft, it’s probably not real Larkin.
4. Look for quality hardware. Larkin furniture is also known for its high quality hardware. So, if the hardware on the piece you’re looking at seems cheap or flimsy, it’s probably not real Larkin.
5. Check the finish. Larkin furniture is usually finished with a high quality lacquer or varnish. So, if the finish on the piece you’re looking at seems dull or lackluster, it’s probably not real Larkin.
By following these tips, you can be sure you’re getting the real thing when you buy Larkin furniture.
How to Identify Larkin Furniture
When it comes to identifying Larkin furniture, there are a few key things to look for. First, Larkin furniture is often made of solid wood, which can help to set it apart from other types of furniture. Additionally, Larkin furniture is often characterized by its simple, clean lines and lack of decorative features. Finally, Larkin furniture is usually stamped with a label or maker’s mark that can help to identify it.
If you are trying to identify a piece of Larkin furniture, the first step is to take a close look at the materials that were used to construct it. Larkin furniture is typically made out of solid wood, so if you see a piece of furniture that is made out of particle board or other synthetic materials, it is likely not a Larkin piece. Additionally, Larkin furniture is often made out of high-quality woods, such as cherry or mahogany.
Once you have determined that the piece of furniture you are inspecting is likely a Larkin piece, the next step is to take a look at its overall design. Larkin furniture is known for its simple, clean lines and lack of decorative features. This means that Larkin furniture pieces often have a very streamlined appearance. Additionally, Larkin furniture is typically stamped with a label or maker’s mark that can help to identify it.
If you are still having trouble identifying a piece of Larkin furniture, you may want to consult with an expert. There are a number of resources that can help you to identify Larkin furniture, including books, websites, and even furniture dealers. However, the best way to get an expert opinion on a piece of Larkin furniture is to take it to a professional appraiser. Appraisers are trained to identify and value a wide variety of furniture, and they will be able to tell you for sure whether or not a piece is a Larkin piece.
Larkin furniture is a type of furniture that was popular in the United States during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is characterized by its simple, clean lines and often features mission-style details.
To identify Larkin furniture, look for pieces that have a simple, rectangular shape with straight lines and flush surfaces. The furniture is often made of oak or other hardwoods, and may have metal hardware such as drawer pulls.
If you’re unsure whether a piece of furniture is Larkin, look for identifying marks such as a label or stamp that says “Larkin.” You can also try searching for the piece online using the keywords “Larkin furniture.”